Sunday, May 08, 2005

The Smartest Guys In The Room

As part of our hot Saturday date, we went to see Enron: The Smartest Guys In The Room.

It was pretty good, but then again, Frontline is usually pretty good too, and this felt like merely a typical Frontline documentary. I don't know that we necessarily needed to spend $19 to see this on a big screen with a couple of dozen strangers.

It did have an interesting soundtrack. Is there an award for Best Sound Mixing In A Documentary?

I never bought any Enron stock, but I did think about it. It was on my Yahoo Finance list of stocks to possibly put my meager savings into. And in 2001, we were occasionally inconvenienced by California's rolling blackouts, but utilities were included in our rent, so our landlady got stuck with the electric bill. So, I guess we escaped being directly victimized by Enron, but only narrowly.

1 Comments:

At 10:29 AM, May 13, 2005, Blogger Ashbloem said...

I had really wanted to see this before your post; I shall now assume it just as well to wait for a cable showing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home