Friday, April 29, 2005

Easy Money

Today I made $20 (in the form of an Amazon gift certificate) for reading a poem at the Second Annual Poetry Jam at everyone's favorite think tank. It's sad how the librarian organizers have to bribe people to read poems. They also distributed $5 gift certificates liberally among the audience as door prizes. Between the readers and the audience, I think more than half the people there left with some kind of quasi-cash prize.

My poem was "Eddie Don't Like Furniture." Except that I could not find my tape of the poem, and I could not find the complete text on the Internet (at least, I don't think so), so I think I was missing a verse or two. But it was well received anyway.

Also today, I put fifty cents into a newspaper rack in an attempt to buy a Los Angeles Times. When I pulled on the door it did not open and made the little clunk noise that means, "Thanks for the fifty cents, sucker." I shook the newspaper rack angrily. It still did not give me my newspaper, but $1.75 fell out of the change slot.

This makes up a little bit for all the newspaper racks that have stolen my money in the past.

1 Comments:

At 2:46 PM, April 29, 2005, Blogger beam aims north said...

So this is the poem (at least in part)? Cute.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home