Monday, March 31, 2008

Sticks and umbrellas in their mitts



I like the Ritz-Carlton. Say what you will about RAND, but siting its Washington office immediately next door to the Ritz-Carlton Pentagon City was a stroke of genius.

I was disturbed to discover yesterday that Marriott owns 99% of Ritz-Carlton, and has for years! Does this undermine my simple world view that "Ritz-Carlton good, Marriott evil"?

(I think at one time Microsoft owned a certain percentage of the stock of Apple. But not 99%.)

Well, I've decided to retain Ritz-Carlton as one of my Defining Lifestyle Brands for now, and call off my fatwa against Marriott.

A couple of weeks ago I was at a Marriott Residence Inn in Albuquerque and it was okay, although the room had a really noisy refrigerator.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home