Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I mean definitely an E ticket

I stepped out this afternoon-- I was going to walk down Wilshire to the Staples-- and there were one, two, three, four helicopters directly overhead like a squadron of Valkyries.

I went off on my errand and the side streets were all blocked to vehicles by the police. Is there a manhunt in the neighborhood?

On further inquiry it turns out that the school is on lockdown, perhaps because one of the students brought a knife or gun to school. Um, the middle school or the elementary school? The middle school. (Although for whatever reason, the helicopters were hovering closer to the elementary school.)

At this hour it appears that the four helicopters and countless police cars were called out because of a report of a gun by a juvenile caller, which appears to have been a hoax.

1 Comments:

At 8:44 AM, January 31, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Police determined that the report was bogus."

I love LA news. So conversational.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home