Thursday, November 10, 2005

Spreading the Gospel of the Pilot G2 Pen

Possibly my favorite consumer product is the Pilot G2 Retractable Gel Ink Roller Ball pen. I actually regret that I never tried to get Pilot Pens to sponsor the robot truck. If we were going to plaster corporate logos all over the truck, I would rather have the Pilot Pen logo than a soft drink or something. Because the G2 pen is just that good. Apple Computer would be another good choice. But I digress.

One good thing about working on the polls on Tuesday is that I got about a thousand people to sign their names using my G2 pen. And the stealth marketing worked, too! I saw at least one person stop and check the brand name on the pen, and one other person said, "Good pen."

Dear Pilot Pen, if you would like to reward me for my efforts on your behalf, I wouldn't say no to a few boxes of pens.

4 Comments:

At 3:25 PM, November 10, 2005, Blogger Kathryn said...

The Pilot G2 is a little bit smeary for my taste -- the ink takes slightly too long to dry. Superior is the Muji gel ink pen, deliciously smooth to write with, quick to dry and available in a vast array of colours. I gave one to each of my colleagues upon returning from Japan and they were very well-received.

http://www.mujionline.co.uk/catalogue/catalogue.asp?Sec=1&Sub=3&PID=911

 
At 3:53 PM, November 10, 2005, Blogger beam aims north said...

I, too, think the Pilot G2 smudges too much, and it doesn't feel particularly good to my hand. My current favorite is the comparatively cheap Sanford Uniball Onyx, although I'd like to try the Muji.

 
At 5:01 PM, November 10, 2005, Blogger Richard Mason said...

The pens they give us at work are Sanford Uniball Onyx. As free pens they're okay, I guess, but it's better to pay $2 for a Pilot G2 and have some quality of life.

 
At 7:37 AM, November 11, 2005, Blogger Ashbloem said...

I love Muji. What a great store.

I'm generally pretty happy with all Uniball roller pen products.

I do LOVE the Pilot Dr. Grip LTD though.

Man, that's a great pen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home