Thursday, November 03, 2005

Celebrity Sighting: Steven Wright

Yesterday I went to Philly Steak, one of my usual lunch hangouts-- I like it because they have free copies of the Wall Street Journal to read-- and Steven Wright was there having a sandwich.

I sat down at the table, diagonally across from him, and we ate our sandwiches without comment. I read the Wall Street Journal. We were sitting there together for quite a long time. Eventually he left. He left his trash behind on the table, which was a trifle thoughtless.

I told Maribeth about my celebrity encounter. She did not know who Steven Wright was.

I guess maybe his career peaked in 1991-1992.

2 Comments:

At 5:14 AM, November 04, 2005, Blogger Kathryn said...

I didn't recognise his name, but once I Googled him, I recognised his face. He does look like he'd be disinclined to tidy up after himself.

 
At 10:48 AM, November 04, 2005, Blogger beam aims north said...

I didn't know what Philly Steak was, either. Clearly you are leading a double life full of excitement and glamour.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home