Sunday, August 06, 2006

Like Kurosawa I make mad films

We watched Shichinin no samurai and it was yoshi.

We watched Donnie Darko and it was yoshi too, but it's not quite clear to me what Donnie did at the end. I guess he chose to go back in time through a portal? How did he do that? Or did he have no choice in the matter, in which case, what was really the point of the movie? At least I'm glad to resolve my lingering confusion between Donnie Darko and a remembered page or two of Butterflies Are Free which talked about Danny Dark.

If like me you wish there was a healthy snack chip that didn't taste terrible, may I recommend the Genisoy Soy Crisp. The Tangy Salt and Vinegar ones are the best on a stand-alone basis, but the Zesty Barbecue and Rich Cheddar Cheese ones are also decent if eaten with salsa. I don't particularly recommend the Deep Sea Salted.

I have not listened to any songs by Fall Out Boy except for "Dance, Dance," but they have some good song titles, e.g., "It's Not A Side Effect of the Cocaine, I'm Thinking It Must Be Love."

I finally got around to reading Glen David Gold's novel Carter Beats the Devil which my sister sent me a year or two ago. I thought it was very yoshi indeed.

1 Comments:

At 8:14 PM, August 08, 2006, Blogger Richard Mason said...

Things that remind me of other things:

Donnie Darko, and Danny Dark from Butterflies are Free

The Rocking-Horse Winner, and the part in Inherit the Wind where Henry Drummond's parents spent all their money to buy him a rocking-horse, which broke when he tried to ride it

Snapple, and scrapple

 

Post a Comment

<< Home