Monday, June 19, 2006

So worried about the baggage retrieval system they've got at Heathrow

At Kansas City International Airport, the baggage claim is immediately next to the gate, about twenty feet away.

This was such a difficult concept for me to process that I walked back and forth, back and forth, vainly looking for the stairs, tunnel, sliding walkway and tram that would take me to the baggage claim, repeatedly not seeing that the baggage carousel was sitting right there.

However, after I finally saw the carousel I then had to stand by it and wait a long time for the bags to appear, reminding me of the real reason that in most airports, you have to walk a long distance from the gate to be reunited with your luggage... The walk gives you something to keep you busy while the airline gets your luggage off the plane.

1 Comments:

At 9:43 PM, June 24, 2006, Blogger Richard Mason said...

Also, the Kansas City airport is nice in that they have free wireless Internet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home