Friday, May 05, 2006

Celebrity Non-sighting(?): Oprah

On my flight from Denver to Los Angeles today, the pilot informed us that "We have Oprah working in economy class today, so I'm sure she'll be able to answer your questions and give you any advice you might need." Later, he announced, "Flight attendants please take your seats... You too, Oprah."

Sure enough, when they came to serve drinks, there was a flight attendant who bore a remarkable resemblance to Oprah Winfrey. She had "Oprah" embroidered on the lapel of her jacket. She gave me a Diet Pepsi and pretzels. There were no cameras that I could see.

On balance, I guess that the flight attendant was just an Oprah lookalike, the pilot was joking, and the embroidered jacket shows that the joke gets a lot of mileage. However, the resemblance of face and voice was striking. If they had put a fake TV camera on the drink cart, I would have definitely believed the woman was Oprah. (If one of the flight endpoints had been in Chicago, that would have helped also.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home