Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Present at the Creation (now with pictures)

Thanks to everyone who told me about the NOVA episode. I thought it was very good.

I spoke on the phone with the producers way back when, but evidently they chose to focus on: CMU, Stanford, Digital Auto Drive, Ghostrider, and Terramax. That's a good selection of the most interesting teams. I'd like to think it was a toss-up as to whether to include us or Digital Auto Drive.

Did we get any love at all? Well, if you don't blink too much:
  • there is a three-second shot of Golem 2 driving around a parked car
  • Jim Swenson walks past the camera
  • I am visible as a tiny figure here and there
  • my parents and (especially) Maribeth's parents get some face time.

3 Comments:

At 5:27 PM, March 30, 2006, Blogger Joe said...

Not directly relevant, but based on your CA film line, I'm wondering if you have one of these:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erdos-Bacon_number

 
At 6:58 PM, March 30, 2006, Blogger Richard Mason said...

Not only do I have an Erdos-Bacon number, I might have invented the very concept of the Erdos-Bacon number!

I could be wrong about that. I guess the idea of adding two numbers together is sufficiently obvious that it could occur to many people.

But I know that I was listing my Erdos-Bacon number on official documents by December 2001.

I have a Bacon number of 3 and an Erdos number of 5.

 
At 10:05 AM, April 08, 2006, Blogger Richard Mason said...

Someone said she actually saw me in the Nova episode. She has good eyes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home