Monday, March 07, 2005

Celebrity Sighting

Last night, as I was waiting at the airport and looking for Maribeth in the stream of arriving passengers, I saw that one of the arriving passengers was Glenn Close.

I was thinking, as one does, "Either that is Glenn Close, or it is someone who bears an uncanny resemblance to Glenn Close."

A few seconds after she passed by, a couple of her fellow passengers came through after her. I heard one say to the other, "She's in The Badge with Michael Chiklis."

2 Comments:

At 4:10 PM, March 07, 2005, Blogger Joe said...

Roger Ebert's movie glossary has "The Betsy Rule", that actors are always noted in print by the last thing they've done--e.g.: Laurence ("The Betsy") Olivier. Perhaps this is proof that the practice isn't as absurd as it appears.

 
At 9:56 AM, March 08, 2005, Blogger Richard Mason said...

I find "The Badge" a sort of interesting cognitive error for "The Shield." I mean, it's not the kind of mistake you would expect someone to make, unless they actually knew a bit about the show.

It reminds me of when we were devotees of "Forever Knight," except we always called it "Vampire Cop." Not that we didn't know the actual title, but ours had fewer syllables.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home