Sunday, March 06, 2005

Dangerous Life

When the UCLA safety inspectors came by with checklists and training manuals to discuss our OSHA workspace conditions, we quietly mocked their bureaucratic questions. What dangerous chemicals do you have here? Brake fluid? Why isn't this bottle of water labeled "Water"? Where did you receive training in the use of this hammer? That training needs to be documented!

Well, don't tell anybody, but the safety squad was vindicated in the last 24 hours. First I cut myself with a utility knife and spattered more blood through the workshop, then Robb got some power steering fluid in his eyes. Better get that first aid kit after all.

I don't know why I cut myself so often. Either I have some deep-seated emotional issues leading to self-mutilation, or else I'm just really clumsy with sharp objects.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home